HELP!

I had trouble with Webroot before and had to reinstall an eariler version to keep protection. Tech center tried to help and told me to have my computer looked at by a computer place. Reorderd today and then the same problems as before
Here is the problem
#1 Will not reconize my password or security code after account setup.
      When I restart my computer, the icon is there, click and go to reg, tried several times to reset password, see #1
#2 Icon goes away or no color, will not work, DEP prevents webroot from opening
#3 Cannot remove THIS MONSTER from my computer
#4 I want it REMOVED and my money back.
#5 No other program acts like this that I have installed using Win XP

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi schuyler71!  Sorry you're having such problems.  If I am reading this correctly, if in fact Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is preventing Webroot from opening, then I would also suggest (as Webroot Tech did) that you have someone look at your PC.

If Item #5 means that you're running Windows XP, I strongly suggest that you upgrade ASAP to at least Windows 7.
Userlevel 7
Hello Schuyler71! Welcome to the Webroot Community!

As for the issue logging into the Account, are you referring to a log in space within the software or to the online Account Console in your web browser?  See the link below in my signature area for the Console.  If you are not able to log into the Console, there are a few things you can do.  First is simply try to re-create the account: you will receive an error if the key code has already had an account correctly created.

If that error does show up, try logging in and notice the "Can't Log In?" link that shows at the lower right of the log in areas.  Click it and follow the Account Recovery steps.

If you are referring to within the program, lets verify which version of WSA you purchased.  Your post here is in the WSA-AV area, which is a single user/single device license and to the best of my knowledge does not contain anywhere in the software which would require logging into the account: the Password Manager is on WSA-IS and WSA-Complete only and Backup&Sync is for WSA-Complete licenses only.

Regarding the inability of the software to become properly active on the computer, are you sure it is the DEP that is preventing it from running?  That is not normal as you know, but I can add that WSA is FULLY supported and functional on Windows XP, and will continue to be so for at least the next 3 years.  If I may ask, where did you purchase your copy?  If it happens to be a Best Buy Subscription copy, there are a couple things to check.  You can check this by looking on the outside of the box.  If there is a Serial Number beginning with "WBR", it is a Best Buy Subscription Software copy and you should contact them to verify the subscription was correctly activated upon sale as well as the key code.  See the Geek Squad link at the bottom of this page for contact information.

I apologize for this long reply....your post had a lot of questions in it that needed a bit more information an a typical reply.  It does look to me that all of the problems can be corrected so that you can use and enjoy your WSA software, and given that your computer is a Windows XP device my own opinion is that WSA is probably the best AV solution for you: it uses far lower system resources than any other solution and therefore has a much lower impact  system performance.

As noted previously, if it is the DEP keeping WSA from working need the computer looked at by a pro.  That is not normal.

I hope that all of this is some help, please do take the time to go over all of it and let us know how things go!