Solved

Help!

I re-downloaded Webroot SecureAnywhere- Antivirus for my PC about three-ish weeks ago. I got the confirmation email, the security code, and a receipt from my purchase. It seemed to be working fine the past few weeks. However, today I got on my computer and it said there was a security threat; naturally, I select the button to remove said threats. Instead of scanning my computer, Webroot said that I needed a security key to scan it-- the last time I saw that notification was when my software had expired. I went into my profile on the Webroot website and it showed that my computer was covered with my recently purchased software. I went to the help page to try and troubleshoot my problem, but nothing came up.
I finally decided that I needed to call an acutal person who might be able to tell me what is going on. I called around 7:30 pm MST after finding that that their helpline was open until 8 pm MTSs; but much to my dismay, I got the recording saying their office was closed for the day. Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed that their website gave me misleading information.

Don't get me wrong, I love Webroot and have been using their anti-virus protection for years. I'm hoping today was just a big fluke; but I would to get this problem fixed so I can have the computer protection that I paid for.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 4 June 2014, 04:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome littlemissj11, Sorry you are having problems. my advice would be to issue a support ticket to webroot..@TripleHelix or @ :) can help you further.
Also WELCOME to the WSA Forum,

Help this helps,

Regards
Userlevel 7
Hey there :)

Open the WSA software and click on the gear tool next to My Account.  Check the key code that is listed there.  Does it match the key code you see as the active one in the Account online?

When you made the purchase, did you purchase a renewal or a new key code?  It could be simply that the new key code failed to stick correctly.

If the old key code is showing, simply type the new one into the white box and click the Activate button.

Take a look and let us know what you find 🙂
Thank you, DavidP1970-- it worked! I appreciate the feedback 🙂
Userlevel 7
Excellent!  Thank you for letting us know it worked :)

I have seen a few strange things when putting in a new key code once in a while doesn't 'stick', and you just need to enter it one more time.  I would suggest you reboot the computer and then recheck just to be sure.