Solved

How can I permanently get rid of "Norton" when they keep popping up to ask me to subscribe

• 29 August 2014
  • 3 replies

I just bought a laptop. Norton security is rather annoying  by continuously asking me to sign up for their security. I'm very happy with Webroot and think I do NOT need another security program. I'm still learning and I'm a senior. What do I do to permanently get rid of Norton?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 29 August 2014, 20:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Norton has a removal tool that should do the trick:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080710133834EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Let us know if that works!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Here@ wrote:
I just bought a laptop. Norton security is rather annoying  by continuously asking me to sign up for their security. I'm very happy with Webroot and think I do NOT need another security program. I'm still learning and I'm a senior. What do I do to permanently get rid of Norton?
Welcome jfiek to the Community Forum..

I would recommend that uninstall Norton if you are not going to use it. It will take up some resources even if it is not running and it will show up in the system tray with a red icon (because the subscription is expired or not activated), and will also give you pop-ups telling you that the product is not activated. I would recommend that you use the Norton removal tool which can be found in uninstaller tools here. This will remove all traces of Norton that are on your system.

Please let us know if this doesn't work for you and we can try alternative messages, because Webroot is all you do need! IMHO,

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Actually, I would try uninstallinig from Add/Remove Programs first and only use the Removal Tool if you find you have an issue.  Removal Tools tend to be a bit extreme in their approach to removal and therefore are usually just recommend as a last resort if the normal uninstall has not done the trick.

Regards, Baldrick