Solved

I CAN'T do a system restore because of Webroot???

• 6 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3

I have tried multiple system restore points, and I’m getting the following error everytime.

Yes, I disabled Webroot (realtime shield, Web shield, Firewall).  I ran sfc /scannow, I ran check disk. No issues found. So then, I tried booting in safe mode, and trying  a system restore again, and I got this…. more specific error.

What am I to do? Uninstall Webroot and never use it again? I need the ability to restore my system (LIKE NOW!) and even in safe mode Webroot is hindering me?  Or is it something I’m overlooking?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 July 2023, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3

I uninstalled Webroot, then tried a system restore, and it worked just fine. Unbelievable. This issue has to be fixed. Even with Webroot disabled, EVEN in safe mode, Webroot keeps you from performing a system restore???

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Wax_Bean_Sandwich 

Yes very interesting as I never needed to do a system restore even during Beta Testing! Do you have Webroot installed again? If so contact Webroot support and tell them what happened and even put in the ticket the link to this thread! @BradW 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Please let us know the outcome!

Thanks,

Userlevel 3

@TripleHelix

My computer automatically reinstalled Webroot as a result of the system restore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@TripleHelix

My computer automatically reinstalled Webroot as a result of the system restore.

Thanks for the info and please contact support because maybe they are unaware?