I just had WEBROOT END POINT installed. Do I need to keep my NORTON ANTIVIRUS current and activated?

• 19 March 2015
  • 2 replies

I just had WEBROOT END POINT installed. Do I need to keep my NORTON ANTIVIRUS current and activated?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello sugarfoot,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

The choice is yours. Webroot SecureAnywhere can either replace or work alongside your
existing antivirus software. 

To keep Norton or and to update it is unecessay because Webroot does all the work in the Cloud and you can set it and forget it!

However Webroot SecureAnywhere is fully compatible with other mainstream antivirus products and
will work alongside any existing antivirus software to detect and remove any threats it
misses, and to protect your financial and personal information.

You will not be asked to uninstall your existing antivirus when installing Webroot
SecureAnywhere.

In my Opinion remove Norton as WSA will protect you much better here is a list of AV removal tools (encase the Add Remove will not work)

Also the Webroot WIN Cloud does all the work not your PC: http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php

Also please read this KB Article as well.

If you have any further questions then feel free to ask!

Kind Regards

Userlevel 7
Hi sugarfoot

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add my two pennies worth hear as a WSA user who previous ran WSA in tandem with another mainline security app (in this case it was KIS).

Yes, I agree with what Sherry has suggested and the main thing is that (i) WSA & Norton should play well together but if they don't for some reason there are options we can suggest to try to make them do so & (ii) both will separately protect you equally well (I hear howls of derision building from the loyal Community bretheren...;)) as let's be honest hear we are talking about another top notch/top table security app.

So really for me the decider will be what works best for you in terms of the features/system impact that each has, etc.

So run them together switch one off then the other and compare...and then make your decision...and hopefully you will come the the same conclusion as the very vast majority of Community members...need I say more...:D?

Hope that in some way helps?

Regards, Baldrick