If I bought my webroot at best buy can I renew it through this site?

• 18 November 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
So it is almost time for me to renew my webroot.  My question is, if i bought it at best buy can i just renew it through the webroot website and still keep the same key code?

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

This is actually a little complicated.  Best Buy sells both the Best Buy Subscription Software version as well as all of the standard versions of Webroot.

The short answer is that if your copy is a Best Buy Subscription Software version, no you cannot renew through Webroot.  You must renwe through Best Buy in order to maintain the same key code.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions or need help determining if your copy is a Best Buy Subscription, please let me know!
Userlevel 1
How do i determine that?  Here is another question.. I have webroot installed on my computer and laptop and the home screen shows a small box that says "update info" (below is just an example) but the box that is showing says "read now" mine says update info, but when i click on it, it does nothing and has been doing nothing since Sunday.  When I Log into Webroot to check on the computers that I have protection on, before I log in, there is a box that says "renew license"  if i click on that it asks for my key code, etc... why can't I click on that and renew, instead of trying to click on this box "update info" and nothing happening?
http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2013/10/webroot_secureanywhere_home_screen-100056917-large.png
Userlevel 7
@ Can you PM this Member to check on the key code to verify which version?  I DO strongly suggest that this will be a Best Buy Subscription though, due to the fact that we have seen a couple of threads over the last couple of days that would indicate the Best Buy Renewal website is not responding correctly when a customer clicks on the link as this Member has.  Also... PM from me on the way Nic :)

While there are other ways to determine this, I just want to make sure we have the right answer for you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Keycode sent!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Keycode sent!
Is it a Best Buy key code as I suspect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yep it is a Best Buy one.