Solved

Internet Explorer threats???

• 30 April 2014
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I am hearing about threats coming through Internet Explorer and taking over individual PC's. This may have already been discussed here but, this is only the second time I have logged in here and don't have a lot of time to read all post. Any updates or info on what to do would help. Thanks in advance!!!
icon

Best answer by nic 30 April 2014, 17:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Best thing to do is update Flash Player to the latest version and/or use an alternate browser.  More details here.
I have Windows Vista Family.....I haven't seen any reports if this was infected as well as the other versions of Windows from the Explorer Virus. Unable to find info about this for my computer. Contininuing to use alternate browswer but would like to get back to using Explorer safely. Any ideas for me on this matter??  I have Webroot Secure Anywhere installed on my PC. Will that help as far as blocking this Virus?  Thanks for the help......
Userlevel 7
Hello magicmerlin, welcome to the Community!

I could be mistaken, but I believe that you are referring to the security bug in IE that was such big news a few months ago.  That has been fixed by Microsoft, so as long as you have kept up to date on Windows Update your IE should have the correct patch for that particular problem and be safe to use.  Webroot will of course help keep you and all of your browsers safe :-)