Solved

Norton

• 31 October 2016
  • 1 reply

Many of you are protected with Webroot SecureAnywhere software. Has anyone installed Norton Anti-virus protection? Do you find it compatable with Webroot? I keep getting messages to install Norton but hesitate. Please advise.
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 31 October 2016, 18:14

View original

1 reply

Hi cmschneider5,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Webroot is designed from the ground up to work alongside other AV products. There are users here in the Community who do this, so the choice is really up to you. Personally, I don't think you need to have both. Norton is bulky and can be a drag on your system's resources as opposed to Webroot, which is small and uses very little resources. Norton also relies on definition downloads to update threat signatures, possibly leaving you vulnerable between updates, whereas Webroot is always up to date and definitions are handled in real-time in the Webroot Cloud. I have run only Webroot on multiple PCs for years and have never been infected. This speaks volumes to me, but you are certainly free to make your own decision in this regard.

If you do install Norton it will almost certainly tell you that you cannot run another AV with it. This is not true. However, you may need to uninstall Webroot before Norton will let you install it. In this case simply reinstall Webroot after you have installed Norton.

Hope this info helps,

BD