Solved

Webroot is detecting Every Executable File/File on my PC whether good or bad

• 27 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
I was trying to restart my installation of Windows on my SSD and once it was completed, I tried reinstalling every program I had prior to me having to factory reset it. Once I reinstalled Webroot, I started to try and reinstall every program but then it started detecting some unwanted stuff which seemed normal at first, but then it started doing it to anything I basically downloaded and it was annoying me. It got to the point that I tried reinstalling them from another drive and as soon as I tried doing it, webroot detected every program/file on all of my drives (in this case I have 3) and I then decided reboot prior to reinstalling windows and now webroot is still detecting every program and file whether good or bad as unwanted stuff. This includes Games, Programs, Executable Files, Etc and I can't seem to turn it off or make it stop doing it because my computer's unusable with it doing this. I tried to uninstall webroot when this first started happening after resetting my pc initially and it just made it worse and I couldn't even boot to the PC. Is there a way to remove the 'Threat Removal' function because it's the reason why I can't do anything.
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 27 May 2019, 20:11

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello @GiftyL Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.

Sorry you are having problems with Webroot.

Please submit a Support Ticket or Contact Webroot Support to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.
Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,
Dave.