Webroot is stuck on 'preparing to scan'

• 21 March 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi. When I first installed Webroot it worked pretty well and scanned my computer on a regular basis, but when I last checked how it was doing it showed that it had been stuck on 'preparing to scan' my computer for nearly 500 hours. So that's nearly an entire month that this program has been attempting t start scanning my computer and I'm assuming an entire month that I have been without protection. I shut down the entire thing, tried to start a new scan, and we're now 6 minutes in with no progress and I assume it's going nowhere. Apparently my last scan started negative 15 days ago
I'm using the newest Macbook available and this came with the laptop. My internet connection is perfectly fine, if that's a factor
What's wrong with this thing

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Blue

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_welcometoourclan.gif

Normally, I think that this would be a candidate for an uninstall, download fresh copy of the installer (from here for the Mac), reboot, install fresh copy of WSA and then reboot, before checking again over a number of days as to whether the scan is running normally.

Having said that uninstallation of the Mac version of WSA has had the occasional issues reported with it so, not wishing to worsen your position, you may well be better off Submitting a Support Ticket and letting the Mac experts from the Support Team take a look.

In terms of protection you should be protected OK by the various modules that make up WSA...your only issue would therefore be inability to scan.

Please post back to let us know what you decide/how you get on.  We do like to hear back from users seeking help, eitherway.

Regards

Baldrick