Solved

Webroot SecureAnywhere Password Manager

• 26 August 2014
  • 2 replies

So i have a Lenovo all in one desktop that i got for Best Buy.  I got the one year with webroot and the Geek Squad guys loading everything for me.  Ever since i have had it the Password manager extension has not loaded in to Google Chrome(my primary browser).  It was working in Explorer for a bit(more about that in a second).  I kinda was chalking it up to the fact that it was windows 8.1 but really knew that wasnt' the issue.  

Fast forward to now and i bought another computer a ultrabook for the road and got another webroot subsription for it.  The password manager works fine.  So i know there is something going on with my Desktop now, and i search a bit more about it.  I did the deactivate, unistall chrome and webroot twice and i still have no password manager...on either chrome or explorer now!  

The password manager is now working on everything but my home desktop and it is starting to get annoying.  I know i can take it to best buy and they could probably fix the issue with a format or something extreme like that and i would rather like to avoid the format of for that matter taking it in.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Aaron
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 26 August 2014, 04:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
So i have a Lenovo all in one desktop that i got for Best Buy.  I got the one year with webroot and the Geek Squad guys loading everything for me.  Ever since i have had it the Password manager extension has not loaded in to Google Chrome(my primary browser).  It was working in Explorer for a bit(more about that in a second).  I kinda was chalking it up to the fact that it was windows 8.1 but really knew that wasnt' the issue.  

Fast forward to now and i bought another computer a ultrabook for the road and got another webroot subsription for it.  The password manager works fine.  So i know there is something going on with my Desktop now, and i search a bit more about it.  I did the deactivate, unistall chrome and webroot twice and i still have no password manager...on either chrome or explorer now!  

The password manager is now working on everything but my home desktop and it is starting to get annoying.  I know i can take it to best buy and they could probably fix the issue with a format or something extreme like that and i would rather like to avoid the format of for that matter taking it in.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Aaron
Welcome Aaron to the Comunnity Forum, Can you tell me first what version of Webroot you are using?
For I am using WSAC.

Then you could try running the toolbar fix utility and see if that helps?  Please let us know.  It is available here.

Do you have these Extensions in Chrome enabled?

And get back to us if this doesn't work for you?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

This is a Hidden Folder can you go here and do as I said in the Picture! Do you know how to show Hidden Folders? Also let me know what OS you are using as XP it's in a different area.

Thanks,

Daniel ;)