Solved

Webroot stopped working


Userlevel 3
Webroot stopped working and I can't uninstall. I tried the cd and that doesn't work either. Help
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 10 August 2014, 19:25

Thanks for the Picture and it has nothing to do with WSA but Windows itself please have a look at this article to see if it will help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/there-is-a-file-or-folder-called-cprogram-which/72e7f311-c6f2-45ee-a5a3-3457ea179f6d and it doesn't matter that it says Win 8 as it could happen on other OS's as well.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@2string1 wrote:
Webroot stopped working and I can't uninstall. I tried the cd and that doesn't work either. Help
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome 2string1 to the Community Forum. 

Are you looking to completely remove WSA or are you trying to do a clean reinstall.
From the Commandline or Run Dialog Copy and Paste this: "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall and that should uninstall it and then reboot and let us know how is goes! Also please see here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/PC-Uninstallation-Option-Missing-f...
 
Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA? Please follow the following steps:

 
  • Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
 
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.
 
Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hi 2string1
 
Welcome to the Community Forums.
 
Sorry to hear about you issue.
 
I presume that you are reporting that yo9u cannot uninstall WSA by running the uninstall option found under 'Add & Remove Programs' (assuming that you are using a PC) or by dragging the application icon to the Trash Can (if you are using a Mac)?
 
Please advise on the above and we will see if we can take it from there.
 
Regards
 
 
Baldrick
Userlevel 3
All is good Thank You I reinstalled and it's working,but I'm getting a pop up when I boot up that say's File Name Warning C;/Program needs to be rename. Just started yesterday. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it?
 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@2string1 wrote:
All is good Thank You I reinstalled and it's working,but I'm getting a pop up when I boot up that say's File Name Warning C;/Program needs to be rename. Just started yesterday. Any thoughts on how to get rid of it?
 

Hi 2String1, Great that you have WSAC resolved now but I have some questions and I think this is a Microsoft problem but can I get more information?
 
1.      What is the Operating System installed on your computer?
2.      Have you logged in as administrator?
3.      What is the exact error message you are getting?
4.      Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
 EDIT..Have you done a Check Disk in My Computer? That might resolve some errors..Just a thought!
 
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi Sherry just one question to add, is it a message from WSA and are you able to take a screen shot of the pop-up? If so upload the screen shot here: http://tinypic.com/ and post the link so that we can look at it.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@TripleHelix wrote:
Hi Sherry just one question to add, is it a message from WSA and are you able to take a screen shot of the pop-up? If so upload the screen shot here: http://tinypic.com/ and post the link so that we can look at it.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)

Hi Daniel! Appreciate the assistance. Very excellent question!:D
 
 
Thanks!;)
 
 
Userlevel 3
http://i58.tinypic.com/8x8p5h.jpg
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Thanks for the Picture and it has nothing to do with WSA but Windows itself please have a look at this article to see if it will help: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-files/there-is-a-file-or-folder-called-cprogram-which/72e7f311-c6f2-45ee-a5a3-3457ea179f6d and it doesn't matter that it says Win 8 as it could happen on other OS's as well.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi 2string1,
 
Let me ask TripleHelix if a clean boot would help this error! Daniel what do you think? Go into safe mode and see if error pops up? Or give instructions for a clean reboot of Microsoft?
 EDIT i saw the link to Answers of Microsft but wasn't sure if we could go that direction! Thanks Daniel!
Salute'
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
An looking Further do you have Foxit Reader as that seams to be the common problem with your issue? http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/ be careful as it comes with PUA's as well.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)
Userlevel 3
Yes I read all that earlier. I'm not to good with computers so I don't understand what there talking about. I don't have foxit reader
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Hi! Can you follow instructions to the video to do clean reboot..Write it down and replay if necessary. And follow those instructions. .

See if a clean reboot helps..

Userlevel 3
Holy cow...I went to my C drive and deleted the file that said Program it was dated 2 days ago when my trouble started. Pop up is now gone. It was that easy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Try a reboot to see if you get a pop-up again? And can you tell us what was in that folder?
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)
Userlevel 3
Rebooted twice no more pop up. I went to the recycle bin and click on the file folder properties I deleted and can't see what was in it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Ok thanks and have a great day!
 
Cheers,
 
Daniel :D
Userlevel 3
Thanks for your speedy replies...
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
You 2string1 are certainly welcome. .
 
Make sure you come back and join us anytime. .
 
Salute!
Userlevel 6

@2string1 wrote:
Rebooted twice no more pop up. I went to the recycle bin and click on the file folder properties I deleted and can't see what was in it.

Welcome to the community 2string1!
 
Glad to have you hear and glad to hear you solved your issue!
 
Thank you for sharing your experience, and please do come back often!
 
Beth
Userlevel 7

@TripleHelix wrote:
An looking Further do you have Foxit Reader as that seams to be the common problem with your issue? http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/ https:///t5/Tips-and-Tricks-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744.
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel ;)

Thanks Daniel... OK, this makes me wonder... Why would anyone d/l Foxit Reader (or similiar app) when Adobe has a perfectly good free reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader/) and you even have the option to UNCHECK the PUA that comes with it?
Userlevel 7
Adobe reader is like 170mb for just a reader! It takes a while to open up and it installs a load of crappy services and startup entries. No thanks! I used to use Foxit but have dropped it since they bundle PUA`s. I now use Sumatra PDF its tiny and fast just what you need from a PDF reader. 
Userlevel 6

@Rakanisheu wrote:
Adobe reader is like 170mb for just a reader! It takes a while to open up and it installs a load of crappy services and startup entries. No thanks! I used to use Foxit but have dropped it since they bundle PUA`s. I now use Sumatra PDF its tiny and fast just what you need from a PDF reader. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I am going to give Sumatra a try. 

Reply

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings