Windows 10 Build 14342 - mssecflt.sys BSOD

Badge +1
When I install Webroot Antivirus my system crashes with a BSOD on the mssecflt.sys file.  If I remove Webroot the problem goes away.

I had updated to Build 14352 and install it as well which caused the same but I reverted builds due to RSAT tool install crashing and went back to 14342.

Now I cannot install Webroot without a BSOD crash.

Any suggestions?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello cchilderhose

Welcome too the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear of this issue. Have you tried installing Webroot in Safe Mode with Networking?.

Or can you please Open a Support Ticket free of charge. Support will gladly look into this for you.

Badge +1
I have not tried Safe Mode with Networking and have submitted a Support ticket instead.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI cchilderhose,

That sounds good. Support should be able to sort this out for you! Support ususally respond in 24-48 hours. 

Please let us know how things turn out so that we can help others here with he same/like issue. If you get a chance. Even to let us know that this was resolved.

Thanks!

Badge +1
Please note that the issue with this problem is related to some wireless Microsoft keyboard and mice combos.  I contacted Support who installed a Registry fix to address the issue.  Installed Webroot again and I am rocking.

If you have this issue just call Support for a remote session to add the fix.

Chris
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Installed Webroot again and I am rocking.
Glad to hear that. Welcome to the Webroot Family @

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Please note that the issue with this problem is related to some wireless Microsoft keyboard and mice combos.  I contacted Support who installed a Registry fix to address the issue.  Installed Webroot again and I am rocking.

If you have this issue just call Support for a remote session to add the fix.

Chris
Thank you for getting back to us @ with the solution, it will help others if they have the same problem.
Badge +1
Does anyone know if the latest release of Webroot fixes this issue?  Version 9.0.10.10?  Just curious so I can remove the fix from the Registry.  🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi cchilderhose

I would update you support ticket with the question to get the answer from the 'horse's mouth' so to speak. They should be able to confirm if that has been slipped in as part of the latest release.

Regards, Baldrick