Solved

Windows 7 Menu Check

• 14 July 2014
  • 3 replies

My computer is running Windows 7, and I just recently saw something
from the right click menu from files and folders that might be a threat
so I wanted to ask someone who could tell me any information on it.

These two options are on the right click menu for files and folders-

Copy To folder...
Move To folder...

This is the first time I have ever noticed menu options like this.
If an infection is in my computer, can you tell me how I can remove it?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 15 July 2014, 21:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi V-tech94

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Interesting 'issue' and one that actual could be quite useful in the long run.  But back to an answer; these two options are not standard in the Windows 7 context menu when rightclicking on a file or folder.

Having said that the functionality exists in WIndows and can be 'activated' by making changes or 'tweaks' to the Registry.  In fact I believe that there are a number of apps that provide such a tweak as an option...so first question is have you installed recently any utilities apps?  

Second question; have you noticed any unusual behaviour when using your system?  If not then that is good, but I would run a scan with WSA to see if anything is turned up (I am assuming that you are a WSA user...;)).

If you are such a user and are worried by the appearance of these 'options' the you could Submit a Support Ticket and see if the Support Team can investigate for you on the premise that it could be malware based...but personally I am thinking inadvertently applied 'tweak'.

I hope that helps?

I am intrigued by your issue so please do post back if you manage to resolve the issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello V-tech94 and welcome to the community! Happy to have you here!

I hope you have been able to solve your issue with Baldriks advise.

Please do let us know.

Come back often, brose around and Post!

Enjoy!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ I would also like to Welcome you to the WSA Community Forum! :)

Hope your issue is resolved and if not give us a holler and we will be happy to help! :)

Salute,