Windows image restore whith quaritined items

• 25 April 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
As the title says I make a windows system image to restore quickly one system and dont download every time windows 8.1 update 1 but i forgot to delete quarintined items. I restore the computer to test that image and works well but i see the quarintined items i delete them, its posible are infected deep and complete scan on safe mode  whith network dont detects nothing

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

Here we are again...;)

I am sorry but whilst I understand what you have described I am not quite sure what point you are trying to make here.  If you restored an image that contains quarantined items, then on restoration of the image they will still be quarantined...and so safe.  If you then delete them you have gotten ride of them, and if yo then scan again and WSA detects nothing then there is nothing to detect.

The fact that you have restored an image or not does not impact the ability of WSA to carry out its job, i.e., to find and remove malware.  An image is just a copy of the contents of a disk and a given point in time, and restoring it effectively just put the disk back in the exact state that it was in when the image was made.  It does not add or remove any ability that WSA (or any other security app for that matter) may have.

My apologies if I have misunderstood what you are trying to get across...if so then please come back and try explaining again, and I will try to understand again. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
No i don try to say nothing Bad i am Just paranod but that amswrr solve my cuestión aways i am too caregul and aleays empty quarintine in my 20 yeats whit computers o ly now i forgot imagine my worty but thats all i want tokmow and im dont know i think you think (pleonasm i try to desprestige webroot the answer is not i see was protectingme and i learn too much here i can work i see in forum the plug una dont work i see bsods i never see that in my machines whith webroot i trust i hope not are me the one who missunderstsnd
Userlevel 7
Hi aktiffk

You are not saying anything bad...but I will agree with you...you do seem a little paranoid...and I think that you should destress a little...;)

It is good to try things out and experiment to try to find the best combination (if that is what one is looking for) for one's system...but everything within reason.  I really think that you should let your current combo settle down and get to know it.  After all, if you do not know it well, then how can you compare it against something else?

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Compare my combo?
Userlevel 7
Yes, see how it does when checked aginst another combo!
Userlevel 2
Oh mmy bro i have another combo very reliable and i think it hace many features why dont open a poll Or eñencuesta about our combos and include esa as main defense line
Userlevel 7
No thank you...I have no need to debate the issue.  I am very happy with my current reliance on WSA, with the back up of VoodooShield...light & very effective.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ You know this is the Webroot SecureAnywhere Support Community and evey person has a right to use the Combo they feel that is good for them but if you understood how WSA worked then you would see that you would not need much more I believe in Back Ups but a computer wasn't designed just to run security apps. LOL

Daniel