Solved

Winlogon and lsass under monitoring after updates on Win7 X64

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
As by the subject.............after this morning updates these 2 system processes were under monitoring. I corrected manually the situation but think it'd be better if webroot would do the thing automatically. Best Regards
icon

Best answer by aieie 26 May 2014, 10:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
There are a number of reasons why these windows components can be monitored, it may not be due to a Windows update. My Win 7 PC hasnt behavied unusually, I will check my VM`s. Thanks for the information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem on my Win 8.1 machine either, both processes still marked as allowed after installing latest MS updates.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
It has to be related to updates..........the two were allowed before the update........monitored after it. Really strange............it happend on all our machines. But just today I installed two new machines............and if updates are applied before the installation of Webroot then winlogon and lsass are not monitored after webroot is installed.
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Just FYI I gathered this info following with attention another upgrade: immediately after the reboot related to the update process on every one of my PC (and I strongly suspect yours too, but you won't notice if you don't look quickly) winlogon,lsass (and mscorsvw too) are put under monitor. After a minute or two they all automatically go into allow even if you do anything at all with exclusions. Update related......a curiosity..............but definitely not a problem. Best Regards