Solved

anyone having problems with brower lock not working

• 7 November 2013
  • 4 replies

The web brower lock on the webroot does not work when i'am using my browers on my pc
icon

Best answer by Jamey 7 November 2013, 18:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Jamey and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Try this test! Open your Browser maximized click somewhere in the Browser window Padlock should be there now click somewhere on the system Taskbar/Tray Padlock will disappear is that how you see it? If not please do a clean reinstall. Make sure you have a copy of your keycode and download a fresh installer Here then Uninstall Reboot and install with the new installer and let it finish it's install scan and Reboot again open your Browsers and close them go see if there listed under protected and try the test again and please reply back!

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
If you're using unsupported browser, it need not be Protected by default, so please check for executable file of your browser in Protected Applications. If browser's .exe file is not listed there please add it and mark it Protect.
I re booted pc working now. I did the test and that works now.
Thanks
what brower works best with webroot and is the most secure?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
what brower works best with webroot and is the most secure?
The officialy supported browsers are IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Nevertheless WSA can protect almost all browsers by means of its shields and modules. As I already said, some browsers need to be added manually to the protected applications because they're not automatically recognized by WSA.

Web shield works in IE, FF and Chrome and actually in all derivates which use the same core/engines, i.e. Opera 15+ (Chromium).