Solved

Complete for Mac New Install Won't Scan

• 18 April 2013
  • 4 replies

Yesterday I installed Webroot Complete for Mac for the first time. I don't have any other anti-virus software. The keycode works fine and everything. When it went to do it's initial scan it had everything at zeros but the time. I decided to leave it and later that night it had run seven hours without scanning anything. I double checked everything in the program and didn't see any issues, tried some restarts, and tried another scan this morning with the same issue.

Should I try a reinstall or does anyone know a solution to this issue? A little worried I have this program up and running but it isn't able to do what it is designed to do.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 18 April 2013, 02:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community - Cheekz2632

The fresh uninstall/reinstall should resolve this issue. After you start the initial scan, subsequent scans can be manually ran. They certainly should not be taking that long so please Submit a Support Ticket if the issue persists after the reinstallation. I've included the Mac download in a link below for your convenience. :D

Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac
I had the same problem.  I am using OSX 10.8.3 on an IMac with core duo processor.  I followed your advice to re-install with your link.  After re-installing Webroot accepted my product code but later failed during the downloading components step.  It just hung up and I had to restart the system to get the download window to go away.  And now the same problem.  The timer increments but everything else is just at zero.  How can I get Webroot to work on my mac?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Hello bmain57 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

If the re-install did not help, there might be something in This Article that may help.  You may want to Submit a Trouble Ticket if these steps do not work for you.
Userlevel 7
Another thought: I do not know as much about the MAC app as I do the Windows version, but the first scan in Windows can take a good bit longer to complete than normal scans after that.  At times, it does seem to 'hang up', but after a few minutes will finish up.