Error whenever I try to access Backups

• 13 February 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
I use Google Chrome from Windows 8.1 to access Webroot. Whenever I change to the Backup and Sync tab, I get an error dialogue "A request to the server failed. Please refresh the page or try again later". I have tried both a number of times but continue to get the same error message.

Is this an incompatability with Chrome? I don't like using IE11 because it crashes all the time.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome to the community and sorry you're having this issue.  I can't reproduce it on Chrome, but I'm not on the same version of Windows.  Let me research and see if this is a known issue or not.
Userlevel 7
Hi nickryan

May I add my welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Have just tried to do the same as you are describing via 4 different browsers, including Chrome & IE11, and none of them have produced the results that you are describing.

I therefore suggest that you Open a Support Ticket, and let the Support Team take a look.

EDIT:  Just rebooted my system (Win 8.1 32bit, by the way)...to make sure that everything was clean...and have now managed to reproduce the issue...and refreshing the page as suggested does not resolve the issue...so do open that support ticket ASAP.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Can also add that doing the same using FF I can access Backup & Sync with NO issues...so to me it loooks like an issue with Chrome under Win8.1...certainly 32bit...but would be good if someone else could try with 64bit...as I do not have access to that 'flavour'.

EDIT: Now reproduced with IE11...but not with Maxthon Cloud, so:

Chrome = ISSUE
IE11        = ISSUE
FF27       = NO ISSUE
Maxthon = NO ISSUE 

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks, I'll pass that up to the folks here.
Userlevel 7
No problem, Nic...always happy to help. ;)

What is foxing me is why the first time I tried I did not get the issue anywhere?  The rebooting was an off the cuff thing...and I cannot see why it would have made any difference...but I have just kept trying and I cannot get IE or Chrome to work...so perhaps my eyes were playing tricks on me first time round (should have gone to Specsavers!).

Have now tried it out on Win7 64bit (on a seperate physical system) and all works fine. :@
Badge +1
Thanks for the helpful responses and all the effort you have gone to. I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit. As you say, I have been unable to get it to work with IE11 as well as Chrome. What is FF? I guess I can load that browser and the problem will go away.

I have raised a support call, as you suggested.

Regards,
Nick
Userlevel 7
Hi Nick

FF is the shorthand for Mozilla's Firrefox.  Apologies...I should  try to  remember not to use shorthand in posts.

Lets hope Support can track down the issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Would you be willing to open a case with support on this?  They'll be able to get everything documented and a bug ticket entered in our system.