Solved

Exclamation point!

• 25 October 2015
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
When I open Webroot why do I keep seeing an exclamation point?!!
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 25 October 2015, 20:11

View original

15 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

The exclamation point can mean many things. If you open the PC interface, there is usually a message accompanying the warning. A threat may have been detected, one of your protections may be disabled, or perhaps your subscription is about to expire.

If you could please let us know what the message says we'd be happy to assist you further.

Hope this info helps.

BD
Userlevel 1
The exclamation point I will say it is brown. On the bottom it says, Stay Informed. Join the discussion. For security news, product questions, and expert advice, please visit the Webroot community. I click on Read Now. It takes me to Webroot communtity. When I close the tab, I still have the exclamation point.

Userlevel 7
Hi Tommy1965

I do not believe that BurnDaddy is online at present, so I will try to help out if I can.

The "Stay Informed" that you mention is not related to the exclamation mark or the Brown colour that WSA is showing...it is always present in the main app panel. What is more pertinent is any words directly to the left of the exclamation mark, right at the top of the main app panel. That usually gives an indication of the status, i.e., when Green with a tick mark on the right you should see "Protected".

Can you tell us what you see now when the exclamation mark/Brown colour are present?

Many thanks, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Good morning!

If I may add a visual to the discussion, when WSA is any color other than green, or an exclamation point is showing, the main panel can indicate which general area is having a problem.  For example, below I have a problem, and it is located in the Identity Protection area.

Which area on your main panel is marked with having an issue?

With that request, I leave you in the most capable hands of ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
When further info is provided see here as it could be an issue popping up? ? ? ? ?

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/can-t-activate-firewall/td-p/224036

So keep an eye out for more!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Daniel...but of course...I should have remember that one.

Well, one more thing for BurnDaddy to consider if Tommy1965 would prefer to await his return to the Community. :smileyvery- happy:

? Just let us know how you would like to proceed once you have a chance to respond with the information requested.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes this is good to know Daniel! Thank you! 😉
Userlevel 1
I have the yellow triangle next to my account. It shows my keycode, Product shows complete. Version 9.0.5.8. Also shows Access Web Console. and Learn more which shows a blue exclamation. I clicked on all of them and still get the brown exclamation point.

Userlevel 7
With the exclamation point being at My Account, that narrows things down. A lot...

How long have you  had your current key code?
Have you renewed recently?

How much time is remaining on your current subscription: follow the directions below:

• Open WSA
  • Click the 'gear' next to My Account
  • Next to Subscription, how many days does your subscription have remaining?
Userlevel 1
I had my keycode for well over a year. I did renewed as matter of fact today. But I had this exclamtion for about a week. So I have about 375 days before I have to renew.
Userlevel 7
Thanks!

While it is not common, sometimes while the number of days on the subscription correctly changes to reflect the renewal, the 'bit' that controls the status fails to get reset correctly.  Thus... it thinks it is still due to expire even though it shows 375 days remaining.

So... give this a quick try:

Open WSA
Click the Gear next to My Account
Re-enter your key code in the white box (The exact same key code you already have, possibly showing right next to the box)
Click Activate
REBOOT the computer.  

Usually this will fix the problem.  If it does not, a Clean Install will.  This obviously takes longer than simply re-entering the key code, but it still only takes a few minutes.  Here is how to do it.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Let us know if this fixes it!
Userlevel 1
David,

I did as you said. I re-enter my keycode, it did a scan. I then rebooted my computer, and I still have my problem.

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
David,

I did as you said. I re-enter my keycode, it did a scan. I then rebooted my computer, and I still have my problem.

You may need to do the re-install.  It is easy, just follow the directions I gave.  Let us know if that fixes it!
Userlevel 1
David,

Thank you very much for your help. I uninstalled Webroot and then reinstalled it. This solved my problem.

Tommy
Userlevel 7
AWESOME!

It really should NOT do that, and it usually does not, but I have seen it happen here and there for a while.  The problem in trying to avoid it is that it is so rarely reported, it would be almost impossible for the Dev's to reproduce it and permanently fix it :(

At least we know how to handle it!

Have a great rest of the weekend, and let us know any time you have a question,