Solved

Having trouble uninstalling Webroot SecureAnywhere

• 28 July 2013
  • 5 replies

The main problem is that it's been a year since we set this program up on my daughters computer.  No one remembers the password.

Also, this is the first time I've ever needed to supply a password to uninstall a program.  I'm sure it's a security feature so a virus doesn't uninstall the program, but I can figure out how to reset this password.

I've tried to register for Wbroot Console, but the confirmation link you get asking for random characters of your Security Code.  Not sure where to find that either.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by MikeR 29 July 2013, 15:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello pkilway and welcome to the Webroot Community!

For that Security Code, have you tried clicking on "I Forgot My Security Code"

It will then ask you for the answer to a security question, but if you know that it will get you into the Console.

You might also check out This KB Article and see if it will be of any help.

Let me know if either of these helps.  
Userlevel 7
Update: I also have found a Removal Tool that might help as well.  It is intended as a part of upgrading an old version to the WSA, but I think it will work in your situation as well.  It is suggested to create a restore point first before running this, just to be safe.

Let us know if any of this works!
Userlevel 7
WRupgrade tool only removes legacy software and not WSA (unless its changed recently). If you uninstall WSA in Safe mode with network you wont need the password.
Userlevel 7
Roy,

THANK YOU!. I had checked the removal tool on my own, and of course it didn't do much lol. I mentioned it as he said the install is over a year old in the chance it might be a legacy version.

I will update my Software Removal Tools thread accordingly!
Userlevel 7
In addition to the other suggestions, you can Reset Your Security Code or Open a Support Ticket to have a technician disclose your information on a more secure system.