Solved

How to change programs allowed to make changes on my system?

• 13 November 2013
  • 5 replies

I was wondering how I allow a program 9that I previously denied because I was not familar with the file) to have access to my computer and make changes?  I am not sure where in the interface I need to look to make changes....?
Thanks in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by explanoit 13 November 2013, 01:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Here are the locations to edit detection and monitoring determinations
WSA > Identity Protection gear icon > Application Protection
WSA > PC Security gear icon > Block/Allow Files
WSA > Utilities > System Control > Control Active Processes
Great, thank you so much for your help!
Quick question:  I followed your directions and checked the settings under the three locations, however there is nothin that shows up as blocked in any of the locations...?  I know I blocked access to a program, but cannot remember the name, but the all three locations show that nothing is blocked.... 

Do this mean that nothing is being blocked?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Hi chellecamden

Welcome to the Community Forums (have not said that to you before...so am doing it now...;))

The three locations that explanoit referenced in his post are the only ones that you can access.  If the program that you are looking for is not showing up in any of these, or if it is but it does not have the 'Block' radio button enabled then it is not blocked.

Is it possible that when prompted you chose to block only once rather than always?  If that is the case then the next time the program runs WSA wil not block it.

If all three locations show nothing marked as blocked....then nothing specific has been blocked by WSA or by user intervention.  However, you are still automatically protected by WSA, which is watching all the time, and should a threat appear then it will either be blocked when it tries to do its nasty work or if unknown to WSA it will be automatically monitored/actions journalled until it is either identified as 'bad' or 'good', at which point WSA will tke the approrpiate action, or in extreme cases advise you to contact Support for assistance.

Next time you have the option to allow or block carefully check each option before taking one.

HTH?  Post back if yo uneed further clarification, and if it helps attach screen captures of what you are seeing/referring to.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There 2 others check the firewall but the application would have to be active see here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C4_Firewall/CH4c_ManagingActiveConnections.htm or Right Click on the Webroot Tray Icon and select Save a Scan Log and look for the blocked app if you know it in the log? This is another way to Save a Scan Log: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C11_ReportsandViewers/CH11a_SavingScanLog.htm

HTH,

Daniel 😉