infection in my computer has occupied the total storage of my harddrive how do i fix this?

• 14 September 2014
  • 1 reply

my computer is extremly s l o w :@ i have been told i have an infection in my computer :catsad:  which has occupied the total storage of my harddrive  how can this be fixed?
  THANK YOU
Jule  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi clarence101

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Can you advise who told you that you have an infection on your computer?  Do you have WSA?  And if so have you run a Scan?  And if so what is that telling?  Also, is the slow down general?

If so then would you right click on the Taskbar and select 'Start Task Manager'.  When that pops up please select the 'Processes' tab and then click on the header of the Memory tab so that the applications/files using the most memory are displayed in descending order.  Make a note of the top TWO applications/files and the size of memory usage and post that back here for us to look at.  At the same time please advise as to what operating system you are using (I am assuming Windows) but a specific would be good to know.

Finally, if you prefer you can Open a Support Ticket, to let the Webroot Support team investigtae the issue for you and if it is due to an infection they would look to clean it for you free of charge as a WSA user.

Apologies for the barrage of questions but these further precisions will be helpful in us trying to help you.

Regards, Baldrick