Solved

Latest Webroot 9.0.35.12 Update Slows System... Especially Firefox

• 21 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Is Anybody Else Facing Major System Performance Issues Since Today’s 9.0.35.12 Update for WSRA

A Little More Context

I am Running Latest Version of windows 10
22H2 Build 19045.3086

I9 10900K No Over Clock

64GB Ram

GTX1080Ti

2TB 980Pro NvME SSD

Firefox 114.02 x64 (Firefox is Immensely Slowed When Web-root Active)

Edge Version 114.0.1823.51 (Official build) (64-bit)  Also Intermittency Slow but still super noticeable.

and Just Generally Poor System performance attempting to accomplish seemingly any task within windows.

I know for a fact that the Issue is Webroot as that's the only program that has updated its self today and as soon as I close it my system is back to its usual self and all my issues are immediately gone

Let me know if any other people are having issues

Wannab

ICT System Administrator L3

18 Years on Job Experience

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 21 June 2023, 15:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Wannab 

Yes we have been Beta testing v9.0.35.12 and no reports of slowness and I use Firefox as my main browser and your system is much more powerful than I’m using at this time, also Edge is working fine as well. There’s no release notes at this time. @BradW 

Would you like to try a clean reinstall? If so follow below!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Wannab 

Any news and do you require further assistance?

Thanks,