Solved

Old Window Washer, System Optimizer

• 23 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
I was reading an Artical few weeks ago, I forgot if It was from Webroot or some other place but this is what I learned:

It was saying that the old version of window washer did have a Bleach ability and you could choose many different Wash options, But the problem was If you are using None SSD Drives, Regular Hard Drives, what It would do is, After all those Heavy Bleaching It can damage your Hard Drive Sectors, I don't know if this is correct or not ?.

But the new System Optimizer work Differently than Old Window Washer, It dose not Damage any Hard Drives.
Is this Correct ?

My friend told me, Every time you use Programs that are Design to do very Deep System Cleaning, If you have Regular Drives not SSD Drives, It can do some Damages to the Life of That Drive Is this Correct ?
Once again thank you very much for all your helps.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 23 December 2013, 01:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Venus60!

That is actually not correct to the best of my knowledge, in fact it is the opposite of what I have been informed is the case.  SSD drives suffer the problem if having a much more limited number of writes/rewrites before a particular 'sector' becomes damages and unuseable.

Here is an Idea thread that addresses this very issue (but in reverse to what you were told)

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear David.

Thanks, I think you are correct, I was not Informed Correctly.
If my questionwas not correct do I need to Delete the Post Message ?
Thanks
Userlevel 7
No need to delete it 🙂  I have asked enough questions and made enough replies that were incorrect that if we decided to delete them all, I would be working all night LOL!