Solved

SecureAnywhere Replaces "Windows Cleaner"?

• 20 September 2014
  • 4 replies

I bought Secure Anywhere mainly as a replacement for windows cleaner but I don't get all the options to erase as I did with Windows Cleaner. When I scan am I also cleaning my drive?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 September 2014, 23:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi charliewax

Yes, you are correct in that WSA is not a replacement for windows cleaner, although the versions other that AV do include include the System Optimizer that provides some reasnable cleaning featires.  To see and enable all of the areas i can reach you need to go to the Advanced Settings (too right of the main panel) and then select the System Optimizer tab...which reveals the optioms selected by default and those additional thst the user has to enable themselves.

Scanning only scan your disk for active malware. To run the Optimizer you need to click on the Utilitiestab on the main panel and then select the Optimize Now button from the options revealed.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Thanks Baldrick. Appreciate the quick response.
Charles
Too bad Web Root makes this look like the upgrade or replacement for Window Washer.
Userlevel 7
Hi charliewax

You are most welcome. Always happy to help out if I can.

You raise an interesting point about the perception of WSA when compared to Window Washer...it is one that I have not come across before so it is perhaps giving our most excellent Community Manager @ a heads up on this so that he can consider whether it is worth feeding this back tot the Marketing Team.

Having said that I am sure that fortunehas smiled on you and that you are now using the best in breed anti-malware solution...:D

Regards, Baldrick