So, Guys -- We're Well Into November

• 10 November 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
and Oct is but a memory in the rearview mirror and I still don't have the new web filtering extention. Just how long does it take to "roll out" something? I'm aspatient as I need to be but I though the schedule was during Oct. It's not Oct any more. :D

Phil

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Phil

The latest that I have heard is that it is proceeding but that it will be some time yet before everybody gets the update.  There is nothing much that we can do other than wait...frustrating it is but there you have it.

All I can say at this point is 'more patience' and understanding.  Webroot are moving as fast as they can bearing in mind that the rollout so far has revealed some issues (I myself have suffered one of them) and that these have gone back to the developers for fixing so that the later receivers of the update do not run into the same issues.

I am sure that the Mods ( @ @ ) are doing their best to keep the right information coming out in as timely a fashion as possible.  All that I can say further is that, from my observations, the rollout is continuing.

Let's hope that this week brings you an update. :D

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sorry for the delay on that rollout. Let me check in with our Product team to see if we can get you a better estimate on timing.

In the meantime, as Baldrick said, we get information out to the Community as soon as we can so we'll try to stay on top of this.
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Hi Phil

The latest that I have heard is that it is proceeding but that it will be some time yet before everybody gets the update.  There is nothing much that we can do other than wait...frustrating it is but there you have it.

All I can say at this point is 'more patience' and understanding.  Webroot are moving as fast as they can bearing in mind that the rollout so far has revealed some issues (I myself have suffered one of them) and that these have gone back to the developers for fixing so that the later receivers of the update do not run into the same issues.

I am sure that the Mods ( @ @ ) are doing their best to keep the right information coming out in as timely a fashion as possible.  All that I can say further is that, from my observations, the rollout is continuing.

Let's hope that this week brings you an update. :D

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks, Baldrick. It's not so much that I am in a hurry. It's more a "I don't want to be left out" thing. I had read some info (now that I think about it, it was probably just conjecture) saying the rollout would be complete by the end of Oct. If it's not working just right, I would rather wait until it is fixed before installation. All you guys can do the "beta testing" for me. ;)

Again, thanks for the info.

Phil
Userlevel 5
@ wrote:
Sorry for the delay on that rollout. Let me check in with our Product team to see if we can get you a better estimate on timing.

In the meantime, as Baldrick said, we get information out to the Community as soon as we can so we'll try to stay on top of this.
Thanks for the help, Cat. As I mentioned to Baldrick, my primary concern is not being left out during the rollout. I had "assumed" the rollout would be complete by now so just wanted to check. Tell the guys to get it right before putting it out. ;)

Thank you!
Phil

Hi Phil,

I believe it has already started rolling out. I noticed today that the look had changed. I tried adding a screenshot to this post but I don't know how to add a photo from my PC (got a HTML error) 😳 But it should be coming your way soon.

Regards,

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi BurnDaddy

I have three users using WSA on 3 different machines.  They use a commercial keycode and whilst one of them has the new shield one does not (I do not count myslef in this as I am using a beta keycode, and have been involved in the initial testing).

It is just taking time...and to be honest that is not a bad thing given that a bad release will most probably impact user more visibly re. this component than any other...as we all use the intenet, some for almost every second on every day...;)

I have to agree that what would be good to know, from a PR perspective, would be what % complete the Development Team believe we are at...as it might help to allay any further concerns that user not yet in receipt of the update might have as time goes by.

Regards

Baldrick