Solved

System Optimizer for Mac

• 21 December 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Will the system optimizer feature be incorporated into the Mac version? System Analyzer is good at finding problems but desire a Webroot solution like the PC version's system optimizer to address them.

icon

Best answer by MikeR 23 December 2013, 17:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi drhalw2k

I think that this is a question for the Webroot Staff ( Perhaps you can assist Mike @ or know someone who can?) as most of us are just Community volunteers/do not work for Webroot.  Hopefully the right person will post back with an answer for you. :D

One thing I should point out is that the PC version of System Optimizer does not address all the issues found & reported by the PC version of System Analyzer; basically it clears mainly cache & temp files assciated with some mainstream/well known PC applications (and which one can be configured) and that is all.  I would therefore assume that if there was/will be a Mac version of the Optimizer it would ould be limited to the same areas or their equivalents related to the Mac OS.

To fix most of what System Analyzer would highlight negatively (at least on a PC) would require either 3rd party tools, such as a defragger (and others, to be used with care) or professional help.

Hope that provides a little more insight into the PC version of the Optimizer, which should in all reality reflect what a MAc version would also cover...but that is just my take on things.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks for the info and advice!
Userlevel 7
Hi drhalw2k

You are most welcome...that is what the Community is here for...to help each other and to learn from each other. :D

Hope that the right person will come back with a more fulsome answer for you...if not please post back and we willl ook to follow up as best we can.  In the meantime...hope to see you about in the Community Forum in the future...it is a great place to hang out & learn/contribute.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
At this time, we are exploring ideas around having a similar feature for Mac. Some of the functionality would be the same, but there would be new additions specific to the Apple environment. 

This is a good idea for our Ideas Exchange. We are figuring out a new process for implementing customer ideas and this way it would at least be trackable.
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Season's Greetings.  Thanks for the clarificatory reply.

Hi drhalw2k

A good idea of MIke's...I urge to hit the Ideas Exchange and put in a feature suggestion for this.  Let me know if you need help with that.

Regards, to you both.

Baldrick