Solved

Toolbar at startup

• 6 November 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hello everyone,
As this is my first post, please be patient as this topic may have been discussed before.
How do I get the Webroot toolbar to switch on at start up on my Win7 pc?
Thanks,
discworlder
icon

Best answer by discworlder 10 November 2013, 20:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community, discworlder

The toolbar will start once you've opened the associated browser.

If it is not behaving properly, you can run the Toolbar Fix and respond with your results. :robothappy:
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hi Mike,
I have run the fix tool but it still will not open on browser starup. What shall I try next?
D
Userlevel 7
Hi discworlder

Welcome to the Community Forums. :D

May I ask what you means exactly by "... will not open on browser startup"?  Are you meaning that you get the W icon but it remains greyed out or that you do not get it at all?

Reason I ask is that if you get it but it remains greyed out and you want it to be enabled automatically, i.e., green, then I am afraid that that is not possible as you must sign in everytime you open the browser...for security reasons.  When I first dealt with the toolbar I was under the impressions that it was not working properly/was frustrated by this...because I did not know otherwise (but am much the wiser since...;)).

Anyway, if you know this/this is not what you have a problem with, then apologies...but thought it best to check in case it was.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hi Baldrick,
Yes you have got it right, I expected it to turn green on startup but now I have the explanation, I am a happy-chappie.
Keep up the good work.
Regards,
discworlder
Userlevel 7
HI discworlder

Thanks for posting back.  Glad to hear that this is sorted for you and that you are now a "happy-chappie", as that is what we want here at the Community Forums. :D

Hope that you will stick around and we will see you again in the future?

Have a great week.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Hi Baldrick,
thanks for your reply, you too have a great week.
d.w