Troublesome Legacy of an old Password Manager

• 11 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I have a new KeyCode in operation, but an old KeyCode (now expired) will not go away: the Password Manager from that old KeyCode continues to insist, on the Console:

"Your keycode has now expired.

To continue accessing Passwords please renew your keycode otherwise your data may be lost."

On each computer, on the Webroot settings box, under PassWord Manager, I am told

"Password Manager is not Active", when I tell it to "activate" it tries, but Safari intervenes to tell me it does not approve of that one, I should try another Manager. I tried to install LastPass, and did, but I cannot connect it to Webroot, and Webroot continues to insist I need to renew that old expired KeyCode, and I need to activate Password Manager, which Safari blocks.

This ought to be merely a bad dream, but I keep waking up and here it still is.

Several helpers at Webroot Support tried several things, none have worked so far. I'm waiting on a call from the last helper who was trying to get someone on their server to try something....

Has anyone had this problem, and found a solution? (I turned down an offer from Support to let them search around in my computer.... I'd be glad to follow instructions from an expert to make reasonable changes in my computer, myself. but I had one bad experience before, from another company, from a exploratory search...., no more, thank you.)

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @fidelis

I haven't had that problem on my Mac with WSA. I know Apple has put many restrictions on Safari and when uninstalling WSA, Webroot leaves a lot of files behind that have to be deleted by Sudo Commands. I would get in contact (Phone) with Webroot again and see what they have come up with any solution. I'll Ping our Forum Administrator @LLiddell to she if she can move this along faster.

HTH,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
I'll send you a private message, keep an eye out.