Web Shield vs Website has been reported as unsafe. cannot unblock

• 7 January 2014
  • 6 replies

I have a headless Linux webserver running Plex media on an internal IP

With IE I am getting a webroot error(I masked my IP schema below)

This website has been reported as unsafe
http://192.168.XXX.XX:32400/web/index.html#!/servers/8dcd56841... We recommend that you don't continue to this website because it is reported to contain the following threats:
Phishing threat:This site might try to trick you into disclosing your login, password or other sensitive information by disguising itself as another website you may trust.
Unblock page and continue

This only happened at a flibraryr level of the my plex webserver. I hit Unbock page and continue then get a blank page with the about URL. I can hit the back button 2 time and it finally works. This only happens with Internet explorer. I put the address on the whitelist in program data. I am stumped on why it keeps blocking. I have version 8.0.4.42

Anyone?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi verticalavenue

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

If you have a website that you feel is incorrectly identified as safe or unsafe, follow the steps below to submit a change request. 

1. First, click here to open Webroot's URL Reputation Change Request page. 

2. Enter the web address of the page you are submitting in the URL field. 

• If you believe the site should not be blocked, select the radio button next to “81-100”. This will give the URL the highest possible rating. 
• If you believe the site should be blocked, select the radio button next to “1-20”. This will give the URL the lowest possible rating. 

3. After rating the URL, please enter your email address and product type (e.g. Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac). To receive notifications when your website change request is processed, check the box to receive notifications. 

4. Click "Submit" to send your request. 

Generally this team responds within 24-48 hours. You can also view further details about our website classification process by clicking here

If that does not get the site whitelilsted in the Cloud and you continue to have a problem then you should Open a Support Ticket, describing that you have tried the above and requesting that Support take a look at the issue as it could be a bug.

Let us know how you get on.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hello verticalavenue,
Please open a support ticket for this issue. We have seen a similar report related to Plex that is being investigated and would like to see if this is the same issue.

Thanks,

-Dan
Let me be a little more specific. The url is a CLASS C network not a WWW address. The website is not on the web nor published. the site is litterally in my house.

Webroot is identifying a shared intranet (not internet)site as malicious which should technically be irrelivante to webroot. I just want to know why it is blocked using IE10 but it works fine with Chrome. it is a problem as plex is a growing community and needs support.

Thanks Dan i'll do that. I did not see your post until I already replied
Dan

Submitted it
Intranet pleweb dashboard

While browsing to a trusted CLASS C network in my home I get the following error. I run a full Linux Apache server with Plex Media server running. The website for plexweb is a fully trusted LAN based website.

This website has been reported as unsafe

http://192.168.XXX.XX:32400/web/index.html#!/serve?rs/8dcd56841... We recommend that you don't continue to this website because it is reported to contain the following threats:

Phishing threat:
This site might try to trick you into disclosing your login, password or other sensitive information by disguising itself as another website you may trust.
A button saying -Unblock page and continue

This only happened at a folder level of the my plex webserver management page. I am able to get to the root page but when I hit a library link I receive the following I hit Unbock page and continue then get a blank page with the about:URL. I can hit the back button 2 times and it finally works. This only happens with Internet explorer. I put the address on the whitelist in program data. I am stumped on why it keeps blocking. I have version 8.0.4.42

This only happens on IE10 and does not get blocked when using google chrome.
Userlevel 7
Hi verticalavenue

Apologies for not making the distinction...glad to see that the proper help was forthcoming...hopefully that will get you sorted.

Please keep not of the mechanism for dealing with any URLs that you do come across as being incorrectly, in you opinon, blocked when they should not be or not blocked when they should.

Hope to see around in the Forums in the future.

Regards

Baldrick