Webroot not will not accept renewal key code on 2nd desktop of same computer. 1st desktop works.

• 15 September 2016
  • 4 replies

How do I activate my renewal keycode on a second desktop?  Everything was working fine untill I renewed my subscription.

4 replies

Hi roughrider,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

I'm not sure what you mean by "2nd desktop of same computer." Are you saying that Webroot installed for one user but not another user on the same computer? Because usually when you install Webroot on your PC it will install for all users at once. If you're trying install on a different computer please try the following:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode. a
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot.

If it IS just one computer, and it did not install for all users then please try an uninstall/clean reinstall.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

BD
It would have been helpful to know that when you renew, a new key code is applied.  This must be entered when prompted.  I kept entering the original key code on the CD case, and the only message that appeared was that it was an invalid key code, and to contact support.  I think that it would have saved a lot of time to reiterate and point out that a NEW key code, generated from the renewal, must be applied.
Hi hbabauta,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You are correct that a new keycode must be applied when renewing if you do not renew through Webroot. Users who choose auto-renewal or who renew directly through Webroot will continue with the same keycode a will not be required to input a new code. ;)

It should also be noted that users who utilize the Webroot Password Manager or Backup & Sync, and who renew using a new keycode, must contact Webroot support to assist in transferring their data to the new keycode.

Hope this info helps to clarify the process. If you have any questions feel free to reply. :)

Cheers,
BD
Userlevel 7
Hi hbabauta

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what BD has posted....just to be absolutely clear...in Webroot terms a 'renewal' is just that...as BD stated, and occurs when one uses the online or built into WRSA Renewal option or when one contacts Webroot Sales Team directly.

It is NOT a 'renewal' when one purchases a new subscription from any source... and naturally a NEW subscription comes with a NEW keycode...the latter being clue & difference between the two.

Hope that assists with the clarification?

Regards, Baldrick