Solved

Welcome notification

• 6 December 2013
  • 9 replies

Is there a way to disable this welcome notification?

It is realy anoying becouse it forces metro to close and bring me to desctop everytime i log in to my PC, i am useing windows 8.1
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 7 December 2013, 01:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
You can click Advanced Settings, Install Settings, and then uncheck 'Show a status notification screen on bootup'. :robothappy:

I have tried that but didn't solve the problem. That's why I came here to ask the webroot comunity. If there is another way please share it.

It is realy anoying that this notification is closeing metro interface everytime it pop up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Are you using a TRIAL version?
Userlevel 7
Like acooldozen mentioned, if you are using a trial version that may explain why it keeps showing that message. I am using a full year license and I have it set to show the message but it doesn't, ironically. When I used the trial version though, it did show the message each time.

Shran
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
I can confirm that also (1yr license) so this would seem to be only with the trial version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree as @ solution only stops the Boot Up Green window that shows at the Bottom Right but it's to Quick to get a snapshot. To me it looks like a trial message from the OP.

Please see here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C13_Settings/CH13a_SettingInstallPreferences.htm

Daniel

EDIT: I got a picture of it using a VM!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And I can confirm it's a Trial Message as I signed up for the Trial and installed the keycode to my Win 8.1 Pro x64 VM and the message showed up!

Daniel ;)

Yes its becouse it's trial. It won't popup for many days couse i am  bying this productc when trial ends. Thanks for quick reply.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
and.............Welcome to the Webroot Community and Forums!