Whitelisting an application

• 20 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
I was wondering what is the easiest way is to get an application whitelisted, or does it even matter?  I run Macrium Reflect to backup my hdd every night and noticed last night when it started it System Control had it set to "monitor" rather than "allow".  I switched it to "allow" manually.  The program runs very quickly so this probably isn't an issue.  The application was recently patched, but that was about two weeks ago.  How long does it take for a commercial program to be checked and whitelisted by Webroot?

I opened a ticket for this thinking that would be easy, but I was asked to recreate the situation and collect logs and all of that.  Really I'm not even sure the tech knew what I was talking about.  This isn't an issue, or is it?  Is this something most users just ignore?  Does it matter?

Appreciate any comments.  TIA!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi gpb500
Whitelisting a monitored application for all WSA users normally only requires you provide them a copy of your scan log, or even just the lines from the scan log that say "monitoring." I've never come across a situation where I needed to reproduce a problem to get something taken off monitored. Webroot's tech mostly allows them to see what the program does in their systems already.
Perhaps they didn't have enough information about this process or something.
Badge +3
Thanks....just did that. 🙂