why is my password manager deactivated

• 11 October 2015
  • 5 replies

i can no longer access my password manager. It says the account is suspended or deactivated

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi motherdear

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What exactly says that the Password Manager is deactivated? A little more information on what you are seeing and also which browser(s) you are using would be of assistance in determining what the issue is.

Can you see the Password Manager icon displayed in the browser or has it gone 'missing'?  And also have you check in the Extensions/Addons Manager for the browser(s) in question to see if it is installed but just not enabled?

Many thanks in anticiaption of your responses.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

It looks like ?  has been here before me, but if I may suggest a couple of items that I have seen happen in the past:

There are a couple of things that may have happened:

1. Have you recently purchased a new key code when your previous one was due to expire?  If so, the Password Manager does not automatically transfer to the new key code.
  2. There may have been a problem within the database.  This happened to me actually a few months ago.
Either way, Support usually can take a look and get things fixed.  DO NOT DELAY though.  In the event of a previous key code being expired, you have only approximatly 15 days to contact support to have the user accounts transfered to the new key code.  After that amount of time the Password Manager data is automatically deleted.

Please Submit a Trouble Ticket to have Support take a look and get things corrected.
Userlevel 7
All excellent points, David.

Thanks for chiming in!

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Similar issue (probably), for reference: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Account-Deactivated/td-p/187312
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
All excellent points, David.

Thanks for chiming in!

Regards, Baldrick
Teamwork Always!  Thank you for chiming in as well @!