WSA Complete- Doubts

• 11 January 2014
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone, this is my first post.
I am using WSA for the first time. I have certain doubts which I hope to get cleared on.
1. Is it possible to convert or consolidate the 5 device license of 1 year to a single device 5 years license?
2. Where can I input rules to the firewall specifically regarding filtering ICMP and specific ports?
3. The webfilter is not present in all three browsers of IE,Firefox and Chrome, what do I have to do to get it or will it take time?
4.Is it compatible with MBAM realtime?
There is no contact no. for India and as such contact through phone is out of question.
I use a Win7SP1(x86) and WSA Complete.
Thanking you all.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ganeshan

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

The answers are as follows:

1. No, not as far as I know.
2. You cannot.
3. It is currently still in the process of being rolled out, and with 30+ million users it is taking time.  You will get it eventually but until then you are well protected by all the other WSA components, and so are safe.
4. Yes, WSA is designed to be compatible with all other IS/AV/AM software...I have run it with KIS & MBAM Pro realtime.

Re. support just go to the Support/Community Tab on the main GUI, and click 'Get Support'.  That will take yo to the support web page from which you can do a majority of the things that you may want to re. support.

Good to have you on board.  Post back if you have any further questions or doubts, and we will try to help out/answer them.

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Ganeshan and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

1. No
2. Here is some info as WSA is a Smart Firewall that works with Windows Firewall or another third party Firewall or Firewall Extender of your choice and it will stop malware from calling out if infected: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C4_Firewall/CH4c_ManagingActiveConnections.htm
3. It's still being rolled out slowly there many threads here about it and here is one: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/My-WSA-Complete-doesnt-have-filter-extension-for-safe-search/td-p/75555#.UtCEUbRlfK0
4. Yes it works with MBAM very well.

I hope some of this info is helpful if not ask more questions!

TH
Thank you for your quick replies but it is a tad dissappointing to know you can't tweak the firewall.

Re:Baldrick 

The 'Get Support' is no good for me, I've seen, as they redirected me to the UK helpline so this community is my only hope.
Thank you.

Re: Triple Helix 

Thank you for that links. OT do you post at wilders as well? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I do in the Prevx Forum as well as Baldrick and many of us here.

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi Ganeshan

With regard to the Get Support link it does take you to the OPen a Support Ticket link which I believe is universal, and depending on what the issue is/when the ticket is submitted you will be passed to the approrpiate support team/office (I tend to deal with either Boulder in the US or the Ireland office given that I live in the UK and so my submissions will be timed accordingly...Webroot Support is very reactive and as far as I know is a 24 hour operation by dint of having office/teams in key global locations.

I have never had a phone call with them and all my issues (not that there have been many) have been dealt with efficiently either via the ticket system chat or with a remote session.

Give it a try as and when you have an issue...which I hope is never. :D

Regards

Baldrick