Solved

custom scan

Userlevel 2
is ti possible to save the custom scan settings? as I am not able to do so I can add folders and files and drives but for the next scan I have to do it again
is a good reason that there is no maximing the working screen of the WEBROOT?
is a way to see the ip of an outgoing connection

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 31 August 2014, 14:48

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello parsec, and welcome to the Community!

I do not believe it is possible at this time to save Custom Scan settings for future use.  Perhaps you would like to Submit a Suggestion that this ability be added?
Userlevel 7
Hello parsec and welcome to the Webroot Community!

As David replied to your first question I will complement other ones.

Do you have any issues with clarity and readability of the GUI? It seems that even on small sized screens the GUI is perfectly clear.

As for the outgoing connections, I am not sure what did you mean exactly but if you look at Advanced Execution History under System Tools and Reports, there is a list of running processes, you can choose a process and click More Info for additional details, though IPs aren't available.

If you want to see an IP address of a PC where WSA runs scans, please login in to the web console which you can access directly from WSA GUI (Overview tab) and see Scan Results under PC Security.
Userlevel 2
Thank you for the info. I feel it should be a given event to do just that ? I have to consider all this

Userlevel 2
"Do you have any issues with clarity and readability of the GUI? It seems that even on small sized screens the GUI is perfectly clear."

not the way you presented but as there are more than 5 entries you need to continuously scroll up or down and not able to sort the entries it is apparent that the designer is not concerned with the user  needs and large screen flexibility just more work to see all the entries

as I am considering switching  from another vendor that I am used to see an alert popping up with IP and related info and choose to alow or prohibit or temp allow or denied the instance have saved me quite a few times

Thank you for taking the time and helping out

Userlevel 7
Hi parsec,

David is right in that saving a custom scan is not an option currently available in SecureAnywhere. Is there any particular reason why you would want to be able to save a custom scan? While I understand that some users like to be able to really narrow down a scan to a specific set of files or folders, the recommended "Deep Scan" (see screenshot below) in WSA is optimized to ensure that your system is protected while at the same time keeping your computer's resource use to a minimum, specifically scanning only processes that are running and/or will/can run. For a more comprehensive breakdown of a deep scan vs. a full/custom scan, please read this useful Knowledgebase article.

That said, you can certainly do what David suggested and submit the 'save a custom scan' idea in our Ideas Exchange-someone from our development team goes through the ideas on a weekly basis and some have been integrated into past new releases of WSA thanks to great input from our users. The more kudos and comments the idea has, the more likely the chance it will be implemented.

In regards to the the 'maximizing' of the GUI option, this is another idea worth sharing as I can definitely see instances where a user may find a larger window more useful.

Finally, regarding the IP address pop-up window, can you please explain that a bit more as I am not entirely sure what you mean? Could you share in a bit more detail how that option works on your current product?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
The first Kudo for a saving custom scan idea is waiting right here.... I will gladly put one on.
Userlevel 2
"IP address pop-up window, can you please explain that a bit more as I am not entirely sure what you mean? Could you share in a bit more detail how that option works on your current product?"

Here is a scenario

I install a new software all is clean and good, but some time in the feture that installation has a desire to talk to its mommy

it will be desirable to see the process in a popping GUI with the relevant information like the name of the EXE the IP that is trying to connect to and the finally consideration to give permission  to do so like connect temporarily block or allow

Userlevel 7
Hi parsec,

If you set Firewall "Warn if any process connects to the Internet unless explicitly allowed" you will always get a prompt (with IP seen) when an outgoing application will try to connect to the net. You can then set to Allow or Allow Once or Block. If you choose Allow Once, what is BTW my popular choice, you will always be getting prompts for that application.
Hi I'm new to WR can you tell me how to access the custom scan window your showing....? when I try to open WR on my desktop I'm just asked to contact the administrator... and logged in I can't find a way of turning it on/grating myself access?
Max
Userlevel 7
Hi maxbite

Welcome to the Community Forums.

No problem...please see the screen captures & explanation below:

Re. the need to contact the administrator this may be due to the following setting:

Click on the Advanced Settings button in the top righthand corner of the main panel (when signed on as an administrator) and navigate to the Access Control tab and check the setting I have boxed below...change as appropriate.

With regard to the Custom Scan query,,,click on the cog/gear symbol to the right of the PC Security tab.

On the next screen click on the Custom Scan button in the bottom lefthand corner of the Scan & Shields tab

And you should be there.

Please iet us know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Baldrick
Thank you Baldrick, that's me up and running
Userlevel 7
maxbite...you are most welcome...:D

Hope to see you around in the Community...and not just becuase of issue...the place is about so much more...;)

Baldrick