Solved

DuckDuckgo.com - Is it a search engine that doesn't track you? Do you use it?

• 23 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Is DuckDuck.go worth a try? I see it on Wikipedia that it is based in PA and has 21 employees. On duckduck.go a window is always in the upper right hand corner asking to Set DuckDuckgo as your default search engine and a button to install. Is it legit?  Does anyone else use this search engine. It sounds too good to be true.

I am reluctant to install-download anything that I am not sure of as a trustworthy site like Webroot. Their slogan is "We Don't Track You."

I have to admit with my UBlock installed and in the upper right hand corner I only see one block.

Would you try it?

Thanks 
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 23 August 2016, 23:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's all good!

Daniel

?

You will not get the search annotations but if you go to a bad website it will be blocked by WSA's Web Filter!

?
Hi ?,

Edit: As ? has said. It's all good. :)

DuckDuckGo is just a search engine, like Google or Yahoo. There is nothing to download or install. It is one of the choices Firefox gives you for search engines. If you make it your default search engine then all searches made in the search bar will return results from them. You can always change that anytime in the drop-down menu of the search bar. I don't believe it is dangerous at all, really. But the links are a different story. The Webroot Web Filter's annotations will not work with DuckDuckGo but you will still be protected by Webroot if you visit a bad site.

Hope this info helps, :)

bd
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Thanks - I appreciate that extra bit of information about the Webroot filter.