Solved

How do I apply a new keycode to the existing installation that expires in two days

• 10 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Followed instructions on Webroot.com/solutions but there is no place to enter "activate a new keycode" on account screen
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 10 December 2016, 22:33

View original

2 replies

Hi spkillmer14,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

To do this open WSA and click on the gear next to My Account. Then enter the new keycode in the box on the right and click Activate.

That should take care of it. Please let us know if this resolves your issue. ;)

BD

Userlevel 7
Hi spkillmer14

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted...in your situation you need to be made aware of a couple more things:

(i) do not enter the new keycode until the current one has expired because if you have any time on the old one that will continue to run down even though you have activated the new one, and so you would effectively "lose" the time still left on the old one. And

(ii) as it appears that you currently use the Internet Security Plus version and therefore possibly the Password Manager features, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode...so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer the data from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter...you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

I hope that the above is of further assistance?

Regards, Baldrick