Solved

How do I list scan results without taking action

• 1 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there a way, using SecureAnywhere CE 23.4, to scas and show results only without taking any action on suspect files?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 2 October 2023, 15:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @BBourassa 

First WSA’s version should be v9.0.35.12 as CE 23.4 is the number of the Online Management Console and is in the WSA UI.

If you don’t want WSA to remove a file or files go here and add and allow.

Now if something is detected and you don’t want to remove it don’t let WSA remove it and do the above on the detected file and allow then it will not be detected anymore.

I hope that’s what your looking for as there is no other way.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

In other words, it can not scan and leave all detected files alone naturally, without first finding them and setting them as safe. One of two few features I do not like then. The second is the mundaine difficulty is setting a program to not access the internet...slow and tedius.

Appreciate the response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

In other words, it can not scan and leave all detected files alone naturally, without first finding them and setting them as safe. One of two few features I do not like then. The second is the mundaine difficulty is setting a program to not access the internet...slow and tedius.

Appreciate the response!

Are they Bad files or just False Positives? If False Positives you can contact Webroot support to get them Whitelisted or otherwise if detected then Allow in the post I posted above. By the way Webroot is an AV/AM which is supposed to detect bad files and all Malware Families. 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365 and the best way.

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2

Thanks

Not trying to make waves, but the answer is NO.

P.S. more often than not, applications that were made “Portable” are flagged inappropriately. Not sure what the behavior is that they exibit that causes a false positive. When I get one that does I will forward to WebRoot for an explaination!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks

Not trying to make waves, but the answer is NO.

P.S. more often than not, applications that were made “Portable” are flagged inappropriately. Not sure what the behavior is that they exibit that causes a false positive. When I get one that does I will forward to WebRoot for an explaination!

Yea to each there own!

Cheers,