INDOWS DEFENDER just sent me something saying that "This APP has been turned off & isn't monitoring

• 24 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Also says:  If you're using another app to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Secure and Maintenance to check that app's status.

Tried to figure out and use Secure and Maintence...still CONFUSED and need to know if I can use my computer with Webroot taking care of everything!!!  

Once (a good while back) I started my WebRoot and it did the same routine  and report AS USUAL; but, I then discovered that I wasn't connected to internet!!!!  I had to reset my modem.  Am I to believe that I'm EVEN protected??????

4 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

There was an issue with Windows 10 erroneously reporting that both Webroot and Windows Defender are both turned off. I thought that support had fixed this issue, but I have seen it once or twice myself. Rest assured Webroot is running and protecting you. You can always click on the Webroot icon in your system tray (by clock) and check your status anytime.

?

Additionally, you can go to Control Panel/Security & Maintenance to check your status.
?

You are also protected whether you're connected to the Internet or not. Updates happen automatically when you do connect.

Most issues like this can also be remedied with an uninstall/clean install. This just takes a few minutes. The procedure follows:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Hope this info helps,

bd
Userlevel 7
Hi BD

Am wondeirng if this has started happening since the Anniversary Update...as that was quite a substantial change to the OS and so Microsoft may have 'broken' something again in the same area as before? :(

Regards, Baldrick
@ wrote:
Hi BD

Am wondeirng if this has started happening since the Anniversary Update...as that was quite a substantial change to the OS and so Microsoft may have 'broken' something again in the same area as before? :(

Regards, Baldrick
Yes indeed, Baldrick. I was thinking the same thing as I have also had some of my past B & S problems resurface since the Anniversary update. :@

Have just done a clean install myself. We shall see. ;)

Thanks, BD
Userlevel 7
Well, I never had the original issue so I suspect that regardless the source I will not see it this time...awaiting your report back post your clean install.

Regards, Baldrick