My home computer has a virus. It is DLLHost.exe*32 com surrogate

• 6 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Hello this is my first time on here. My home computer has a virus and I've not been sucessful in getting rid of it.
My computer begins running very slow and when I open the task manager I have several of these com surrogate processes 
running. I'm not sure how to continue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.......................Kevan

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello this is my first time on here. My home computer has a virus and I've not been sucessful in getting rid of it.
My computer begins running very slow and when I open the task manager I have several of these com surrogate processes 
running. I'm not sure how to continue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.......................Kevan
Hello Pavertech,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Please do not attempt to do anything other than to  open a Support Ticket ASAP re. this one.  It will definitively require expert help with it's removal, as it mimics required WIndows files and there is the very real danger of removing a file that is not anything to do with the infection and so causing issues withthe proper fucntioninig of Windows in the process.

Best Regards,