Password Manager and Toolbar

• 16 November 2013
  • 5 replies

I installed WebRoot SecureAnywhere last night on a windows 8.1 tablet,and started to look at the password manager today.  From what I can tell, the password manager should be running off of a toolbar in IE. I see no such tool bar.  I'm running IE11.  When I look in the manage add ons portion of IE settings, it indicates that WebRoot toolbar and vault are incompatible.  Does the password manager work properly with the configuration outlined above?  If so, can anyone out there suggest how I get the toolbar running properly on my machine?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello SeasonedHammer and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Did you do a reboot? Also did you register your keycode on your My Webroot Online Console if not please do so and go in there and click on your email address at the top Right  and click on Account Settings and make sure you set Password Management to Access and wait for 20 minutes and try this Toolbar fix tool: http://download.webroot.com/toolbarfix.exe Also please see here: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C7_PasswordManagement/CH7_PasswordManagement.htm

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Yes, the machine has been rebooted.  Also, the keycode was registered and password management shows access under my account.  I did try to run toolbarfix.exe.  The text associated with the fix indicates that it will work with firefox and chrome browsers.  I tried to run the routine anyway, and was told that my browser, IE11, was not supported by the routine.  It appears to me that IE11 is not supported by the password management tool.   Have you got any other suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
IE11 is fully supported now. Can you please do a clean reinstall? Download a new copy Here and make sure you have a copy of your Keycode then Uninstall and Reboot then install with the new installer and let it finish it's install scan and Reboot again and check IE11 again to make sure it says compatible if it still doesn't can you please Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you fix this issue and please let us know the outcome as it could help other Users & Members.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Clean install has not changed the situation.  I've submitted a support ticket.  When we get this resolved, I will post the solution up to this thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I heard through a third channel that a fix will be out soon for Win 8.1 & IE11 let's see what support has to say, if they have not contacted you within 24 hours please post back here.

Thanks,

Daniel