Some of the messages in my Yahoo! mail account cause a warning from Webroot. I know they are safe as

• 28 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Some of the messages in my Yahoo! mail account cause a warning from Webroot. I know they are safe as I have been on their mailing list for years and they are a long-time internet presence (the About.com people - various subjects). This means that the Yahoo! ads off to the right are probably causing the warning. I never click them anyway so I press the Webroot button that says "Unblock page and continue". When I do this all I get is a black screen with a tiny white dot right in the middle. I have to press the Back button or I'm stuck right there.
Does anyone know why the "Unblock page and continue" button isn't working? I'd hate to think that Webroot is going to mess all my About.com emails up!
Right now there is no way to check my emails from About.com because Webroot won't let me read them and it won't let me ignore the warning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Peter M.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi PeterM222

Welcome to the Community Fora.

We have recently seen a fair amount of this and at present the best approach is to Open a Support Ticket and provide the details of what you are seeing to the Support Team.  I understand that they are looking into this issue as we speak and therefore any additional examples that you can provide will be of assistance.

In the interim, if you know that the link is to a safe site, then you can use the 'Unblock & proceed' option found in the bottom left hand corner of the WSA blocking page.  That should whitelist the site for you locally and also advise the Threat Researchers that there is an issue with the site. In some cases this does not help but is worth a try whilst the Support Team is processiing the information in the ticket that you hopefully will submit.

Please let us know how you get on with this and what Support come back to you with.

Regards, Baldrick