Tried to set up a new keycode to pick up in 20 days when my current code ends--messed up. Help

• 19 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I bought a Webroot package in a store and just tried to add the new subscription to take over for my current one that expires in 21 days.  I loaded it and registered the new code, but now I have two active keycodes. I know that I have done this before (the instructions really don't account for people doing this). Can anyone help?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi TW

Yes, by doing what you ahve done you will normally end up with 2 active keycodes and I am afraid that both will now count down concurrently so you are actually wasting 20 days of subscription.

What you could try doing is going back to your original keycode (you just enter it again in the installation of WSA that you want it to cover) and then Opening a Support Ticket, notifying Support of what has happened, providing them with the TWO keycodes and asking them if they would add the remaining time on the new subscription to the existing one.

This of course will only work if your orginal keycode and the new one are for the SAME version of WSA.

Pease let us know what transpires/what happens.

Regards, Baldrick