Webshield & WRUpdate537875

• 19 October 2013
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I have been checking daily for the webshield update according to the post at:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/New-interface-web-site-list/m-p/59903#M1822

I am still not seeing the wrUrl folder.  However, within the WRData folder I do see a file called WRUpdate537875.exe.  I have not double-clicked it, but am wondering if I need to or am supposed to run this file?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Alex

Very strange.  Personally I would log a Support Ticket ASAP and ask that very question.  It is possible that the update started but never finished, or even was downloaded but never started...but I would not run such an .exe without a say so from Support.  Better safe than sorry.

Regards

Baldrick.

Userlevel 2
Support ticket submitted.

Thanks for your quick reply Baldrick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That file is an older install file from a program update so you can just delete it I see them in there sometimes myself usually it uses LocalTemp Folder but is removed after WSA updates to the next build I never did ask why it shows in WRData Folder at times?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Trust you to know the answer TH...;)

Anyway, perhaps with his ticket submitted Support will answer your question, i.e., why it shows in WRData Folder at times?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
In case anyone was wondering, here is the response from support:

<blockquote>Hello, 

The migration will happen on our end. You can't do anything to force it from your end. You generally should not be in the wrdata folder. 

Regards, 

Webroot Support</blockquote>
Userlevel 7
Hi Alex

I was wondering and IMHO whilst they are strictly correct about "You generally should not be in the wrdata folder" given that one can do damage if one is not careful...it could be put a tad more amiably.

Also, I am afraid that what they say about the roll out is correct...and even in the Community Forum we have no real indication of likely timescales.

All I can do is to sit tight and wait patiently (you are well protected by WSA as you are now) for it to happen.

Regards

Baldrick