WRSA IS plus re-installing failed

• 13 September 2014
  • 3 replies

Hello community,

I have the following problem and hope to get help here:
a new installation of WRSA IS plus went wrong on my Windows 8.1. PC.
The program no longer appears under "Windows Software" and no more browser extensions are installed anymore.
 The use of the WRSA upgrade tool did not change any.
Where I have to look for the program radicals, which are still being cleared to kill? Thanks for your help! best regardsDaniel 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Dabu

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I think that the best option here is to make sure that the installation is removed and then to try a new clean installation during which hopefully you will not have a problem.

Can you check to see if you have the WSA installer listed under Add/Remove programs, and if so then please select the uninstall option, and once that has completed please reboot your system.  

If you cannot remove WSA because it's not listed in Programs & Features or All Programs use this in the Commandline or Run Dialog: "C:Program FilesWebrootWRSA.exe" –uninstall  making sure that it is run in an elevated Command Prompt/Run as Administrator! Source information if moe detail required.

If that is successful then you need to attempt a clean reinstall of WSA by running the installer again (you can download a fresh version from here for Webroot or here for Best Buy depending on where you purchase the software from in the first place) and then rebooting once that is completed.  Also, before reinstalling make sure that you have your keycode handy.

Do come back and let us know how you get on...and we can look to help further if yo are having additional or continuing issues.

Regards, Baldrick 
thanks for the info Baldrick, but the only way was back to an old restore point.
Hope I have this crap now completely removed.

Regards, Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Dabu

Glad to hear that you have the issue resolved, and I hope that you will look to try reinstalling WSA on that machine again...it is by far the best security solution out there...;)

Regards, Baldrick