Solved

Stability of WebRoot WiFi VPN

• 15 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I have an annoying WebRoot WiFi Security VPN stability problem – it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. This VPN disconnect-reconnect issue started about July 2023 and has reoccurred multiple times since.  It appears to be laptop-only because all my other devices, programs, apps, and functions seem to work fine. 

I have Webroot's WiFi VPN running on 3 devices - Dell desktop, iPhone 7, and Dell Laptop.  It is stable on the iPhone and the desktop, but not on the Dell laptop.   My laptop’s OS is Windows 10 and am using FIOS to access the internet.  I’ve run Webroot's SecurityAnywhere on the laptop multiple times but no problem was identified.  I ran the troubleshooter on the Verizon FIOS router and didn't identify any problems.  I’ve even changed browsers, but no joy.

I’ve opened several trouble tickets … the WebRoot support team recommended changing VPN protocols, changing VPN servers, and reinstalling the WiFi Security software.  I’ve done all these multiple times without success.

In each instance, the stability problem seems to fix itself after a few days. 

Does anyone else experience similar problems or have a more stable solution?

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 15 October 2023, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hello @LarryBW Welcome to the Community Forum.

I will suggest any problems with Webroot Wi-Fi Security that you get in contact with Webroot Support. I will also ping @TylerM our Community Manager to see if he has any suggestions on this problem you are having.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.