Introducing Webroot® Security for Chromebook
Chromebook devices are perfect for students, families or anyone looking for ease of use. And their built-in security features are better than none at all. But they still benefit from added protection.
That's why we've introduced Webroot® Security for Chromebook™ devices to proactively and continuously protect from a variety of targeted threats, filling in existing security gaps.
- Enhanced Antivirus Protection – Always-on, automatic scans of your device and files for viruses and malware.
- On-Demand Scans – Use the secure Webroot browser to run additional scans with the click of a button.
- Identity Protection – Blocks malicious websites that try to steal personal info or harm devices.
- Secure Web Browsing – Identifies and blocks unsafe websites while using the Webroot browser or Google Chrome™.
- Web Threat Shield – Warns about high-risk websites and automatically blocks them from installing anything dangerous. Download this extension at the Chrome Web Store.
- Designed for Chromebook – Extra security specifically designed to protect your Chromebook.
Webroot® Security Awareness Training
Webroot Security Awareness Training now offers training courses in German. This release completes Phase 2 of our multi-language release, with one more language planned for F22.
We’ve released 22 new courses covering core security and compliance topics including:
- Cloud - Best Practices
- Computing Devices - Best Practices at Home and Office
- Cybersecurity - Overview
- GDPR - Overview
- Information Security - Data Destruction
- Mobile Device Security
- Mobile Devices - App Safety
- Passwords - Best Practices
- Passwords - Passphrases
- Phishing - Best Practices
- Phishing - Inbox Simulations
- Physical Security - Best Practices
- Physical Security - Device Theft
- Social Engineering - Overview
- Social Engineering - Top Tips
- USB Security - Best Practices
- Websites and Software - Common attacks
- Websites and Software - HTTPS Secure Connection
- Websites and Software - Public Computer Use
- Websites and Software - URL Structure Explained
- WiFi Security - Best Practices
- Wifi Security - Public Networks and Mobile Hotspots
Webroot® Business Endpoint Protection
The latest update to Webroot Business Endpoint Protection features the release of Business Web Threat Shield 188.8.131.52.
New with Business Web Threat Shield 184.108.40.206:
- Updated code signing certificates
- Support for increased whitelist
- Improved manageability
- Local caching for Real-time Anti-phishing
- Legacy Edge device driver is disabled
Webroot® DNS Protection
The DNS Protection Agent is the agent component of DNS Protection. It runs as a service on each installed system and is designed to intercept and manage DNS requests. This release includes improvements and bug fixes including a new CS Log that is easy to understand for both support engineers and customers. Additionally, there are efficiency and design improvements to the DNS Protection agent.
- New, concise customer support logs to aid in troubleshooting
- Removed dependency on local DNS resolver
- Improved support for 32-bit operating systems
Fortinet VPN refinements
- Agent upgrade improvements
- Improved logging
- Improved DNS filtering efficiency