Solved

Crown Technologies

• 13 November 2023
  • 4 replies

When Webroot was checking my computer, I received a call from someone who identified with Webroot and said my computer was corrupted and I needed to add a firewall which I agreed. Now that I have received a bill for $799.99 from Crown Technologies from Richardson, Texas, I beginning to think that I have been scammed. Has anyone else had this experience?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 15 January 2024, 21:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @Strawboss1 Welcome to the Community Forum.

That was a scam. Did you let Crown Technologies (scammer) access your computer by remote? If you did, the scammer may have all the information on your computer. Get in contact with Webroot Support tomorrow by phone and report this. The Official Webroot Company (Phone number below) may want to do a remote on your computer to see if the scammer has done anything.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227  during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Strawboss1 

I assume you had Webroot SecureAnywhere before this happened right? Well WSA has a Firewall so there is no need for another one. Now you said you received a bill for $799.99 so was it paid in any way? If so you need to contact your Credit Card and or Bank and tell them you got scammed because nothing cost $799.99 from Webroot. https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/richardson/profile/information-technology-services/crown-technologies-llc-0875-91340361

Also you said Webroot was checking your Computer, How?

Thanks,

I appear to be the latest victim of crown technologies, and yes they had remote access to my computer. I’m sure I will be dealing with my breach for a very long time. I had crown on one phone and on the other side of my home I had my bank on the phone shutting down bank accounts and credit cards at the same time. Caught them on the pretense that someone hacked my pc that they had an alarm go off saying I was hacked, when all along, pretty sure who it was. I caught them remotely accessing my amazon account, and had an email from amazon that they were sure I had been hacked and had cancelled all orders and to go through the process of submitting a new password. Spent days with The Geek squad to get things they embedded in my laptop removed. I still have one more call to them to make. I cannot access the better business from my browsers on the hacked laptop. I even went one more level of stupid and let them have access to my cell phone also, so I lost twice with them so far. All of this was because I was having an issue installing an existing subscription of webroot onto a new laptop and ran across what  I thought was a weebroot help site, bu it was a crown technologies site, please beware!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes everyone from everywhere has to be careful of scam sites that offer support to products. If someone is a Webroot user SUPPORT IS FREE WITH A PAID SUBSCRIPTION!

Best Buy Geek Squad in the USA looks after there own Webroot Subscriptions and Webroot users are looked after by Webroot Support Directly!

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Also phone numbers from around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Thanks,